Room: Main Hall
The Opening Plenary for rice-Africa congress2019 will include a welcome address from the Minister of Agriculture, and several keynote presentations from Technocrats and other representatives in several African countries. It will serve to launch not only the rice-Africa conference but also the many associated events and networking activities that surround this key event in the conference.
|Dr. A.A. Ochigbo, Former Executive Director, National Cereals Research Institute, Beddegi, Niger State|
|Speakers to include:
|NB: Please note that the agenda for rice-Africa is subject to change!
On July 22 and 23, 2019, an attractive range of Parallel Sessions, as well as Panel Discussions, will determine the conference days. Discussions will be in the line of the following sub-themes:
- Research in Extension, Rice varieties, Soil Management and Post-Harvest
- Production Skills and Technologies of Homegrown rice
- Consumer Preference and Nutritive value of Homegrown rice
- Quality Improvement and Quality Assurance of Homegrown rice
- Health and Value Addition in the competitive value chain of Homegrown rice
- Changing Rice Consumption pattern amongst Africans and the new narratives
- Women Production and Processing Capabilities of Homegrown rice
- Locally fabricated rice equipment and integrated rice milling machine
- Grading and Certification of Paddy and locally Milled rice
- Product Labelling and Packaging of Homegrown rice
- International Markets and Trade laws
- The place of MEDIA: Newspapers, Radio, TV, ICT in Enlightenment campaigns for
the consumption of Home grown rice
|The conference will be accompanied by an exhibition and Lunch Symposium presenting the latest developments, services and innovative systems.
|Business 2 Business
|The Business to Business events will take place on Wednesday, July 10, 2019.
Hands-On Handheld -Capacity Development for Rice Processor/Merchants/Exporters
1. Trade Show Preparation, Exhibition and Warehousing (9:00 am – 10:00 am)
2. Export Finance Training (10:30 am – 11:00 am)
3. Paddy Source, Market Source and Trans-Boarder Trade ( 11:30 am – 12:30 pm)
1. Efficient Market Tactics (9:00 am – 10:00 am)
2. Labeling and Packaging Adaptations (9:00 am – 10:00 am)
3. Rice Projects Promotion (10:30 am – 12.00 pm)