rice-Africa is a Pan-African conference, which is being held annually in Africa, is establishing itself as Africa largest and most international; rice promoters’ capacity building event with large delegates from all over the world. At the same time, the conference serves as a forum for all stakeholders engaged in rice production, processing, marketing, support service on the African continent.
With a vision to spur the development of competitive sustainable and inclusive rice industry and rice business in Africa as a pathway to increased economic growth and food security, rice-Africa Conference 2019 will provide the needed platform for capacity building as a key means of enhancing rice productivity and marketing performance. rice-Africa is certainly the target destination for Africa’s agricultural decision-makers and practitioners in governments, public and private agriculture and corporate HRD. The event offers a unique opportunity to gain invaluable insights into the latest activities and achievements from the rice industry.
Goals and Objectives
- To promote opportunities for collaborating with rice processors in other African countries.
- To raise the investment profile of the rice sector in Africa;
- To create a platform for enabling transformation and contacts between providers and users of business development and financial services required to support production, processing, and marketing of rice in the African region;
- To introduce improved processing, initiating effective marketing and distribution and improving the social capital of the processors;
- To develop practical steps to increase the market for locally processed rice by increasing the volume, improving quality and developing new market channels through creating access to finance;
An attractive range of Plenary and Parallel Sessions, as well as Panel Discussions, will determine the two conference days. Also, in a series of Workshops and Seminars, Participants will be offered the opportunity to learn a new skill, enhance their knowledge or gather information about a specific topic. Not only are such activities excellent opportunities in themselves but they are also extremely valuable networking activities in their own right. These are either full –or half day events and the number of participants is limited. We recommend you register as soon as possible, as places for these are limited.
The conference will be accompanied by an exhibition and Lunch Symposia presenting the latest developments, services and innovative systems.
We should be pleased to count you amongst our participants at this important event and look forward to welcoming you to Abuja in July 2019.
Assoc. Prof. Edwin E. Idu